This article describes the process to view emails of deleted employees.
When a user is deleted from Microsoft Active Directory, GFI Archiver can be configured so another user can view that archived emails for the deleted user. This can be achieved as follows:
- Open the GFI Archiver User Interface.
- Navigate to: Configuration > Access control
- Click Configure User Access Control:
- In the User field, type the name of the user which should have access to the archived emails of the deleted account.
- In the Has Access to User field, type the login name of the deleted account. The user will be listed in square brackets and will have (Deleted) next to it.
- Click Add.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.