By default, GFI Archiver downloads emails from the journal mailbox every 0.5 minutes. The interval can be changed:
- When upgrading to a newer version of GFI Archiver, installation files mentioned in this procedure will be overwritten with default versions making the changes void and ineffective. It is therefore suggested to keep a record of this procedure and follow it once again directly after upgrading to keep this functionality intact.
- This procedure requires to edit files manually. If edited incorrectly it can leave the server in a non-operational state. Please keep backups of any file which is edited throughout this article before saving any changes to them.
- Stop all GFI Archiver services
- Open the following file in Notepad:
- GFI MailArchiver 2014 or newer: ..\InstallationFolder\Core\Data\DSSettings.xml
- GFI MailArchiver 2013 or older: ..\InstallationFolder\Core2\Data\DSSettings.xml
- Find the line which reads: <Settings Interval="0.5" xmlns="" />
- Change the number in Interval="0.5" to the desired value (the unit is minutes: 0.5 minutes = 30 seconds)
- Save the file
- Start all GFI Archiver services
- It is not possible to configure a full schedule when emails are being downloaded from the journal mailbox