AnswerBy default no administrator or user can access and view other users email. Access permissions must be granted.
To grant a user or group access to all emails within GFI Archiver:
- Navigate to Configuration > Roles and Permissions
- Grant the user or group the permission View all items
- Group Managers - Enables users that have a management or supervisory role in your organization to browse and search through the emails of all the users forming part of that AD group
- User Access Control - Enables specific users to browse and search the emails of other users. This feature enables a user to grant access to emails of another user that no longer forms part of your company (and for which AD account was deleted)
- Shared Mailboxes - Enables a group to access archived emails in a specific mailbox. For example, enable all sales persons to have access to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- It is important that GFI Archiver can read properties from Active Directory (AD) objects (for example user objects). The GFI Archiver services run under Local System by default. This means that the computer object of the GFI Archiver server in Active Directory requires "read all properties" permissions to all Active Directory objects. These permissions are granted on a normal Active Directory environment by default, but if Active Directory permissions were hardened it might be needed to grant them explicitly.