This article addresses an issue in which downloading or opening an email in the Outlook Connector that is larger than ~1MB in size fails. The progress indicator dialog stops at 99% and eventually runs into a timeout; this happens when Kaspersky anti-virus is installed.
This issue is observed in environments with Kaspersky Endpoint Security 184.108.40.2066 installed.
This problem occurs when Kaspersky is scanning the download of emails via the Outlook Connector, and it does not release the emails before the Outlook Connector runs into a timeout.
- Open Kaspersky's Configuration.
- Navigate to Settings > Endpoint Control > Application Privilege Control > Applications.
- On the Application Control Rules tab, navigate to Trusted > Microsoft.
- Select Outlook and click the Additional button.
- Open the Exclusions tab.
- Enable the Do not scan network traffic option.
- Click Save to apply these settings and ensure that they are applied to the affected computers running Outlook Connector.