This article indicates folders that need to be excluded when running antivirus software on the same machine as GFI Archiver.
Antivirus software may cause GFI Archiver to malfunction. This occurs when such software tampers with files (especially emails temporary stored in the file system during processing) used by GFI Archiver. It is therefore advised to exclude the following folders including subfolders from any antivirus software (on-access and on demand) running the GFI Archiver server.
Installation folders (default):
- C:\Program Files\GFI\Archiver or C:\Program Files\GFI\MailArchiver
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\GFI
Note that the 64bit versions of GFI MailArchiver 2013 or older did install into these folders by default:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\GFI\MailArchiver
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\GFI
Folders and files which make up the Archive Stores are most likely stored outside of the installation folders mentioned above and should be excluded, too:
- Microsoft SQL database files (mdf/ldf extensions)
- Firebird databases (fdb extension)
- Binary folders
- Index folders