When using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and attempting to download a Really Simple Syndication (RSS) feed from your RSS reader, the following error message is displayed:
File not found
- GFI MailEssentials
- All supported environments
Having the GFI Quarantine RSS feeds not configured to use SSL is not the only reason a 'File not found' error message can be displayed. Should the issue persist, contact GFI Software Technical Support.
In order to resolve this issue and configure GFI MailEssentials Quarantine RSS feeds over SSL, follow the procedure below:
- Open regedit.exe.
- Browse to
- Open the
- Change the value from
- Change the port
443. This is the SSL default port. The resultant URL should be similar to the one below:
- Click OK and close regedit.exe.
- Restart the GFI MailEssentials EmailSecurity Attendance service.
- From the configuration page, browse to the Quarantine RSS Feeds. The addresses of the feeds should now reflect the changes performed in the registry.
- Copy the new addresses and subscribe to them from your RSS reader.