PROBLEMUnable to install MailEssentials due to the following error:
Product: GFI MailEssentials for Exchange/SMTP -- Internal Error 2753. e2k7wiz.exe
- GFI MailEssentials
- All supported environments
- Ensure the installer file for GFI MailEssentials is unblocked (right click > Properties > Unblock)
- Ensure UAC is disabled
- Make a backup of the registry and browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products\. Go through each key in this location, and look for InstallProperties to be listed as GFI MailEssentials. Delete this key.
- Browse to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\. Go through each key in this location and look for ProductName to be listed as GFI MailEssentials. Delete this key.
- Reboot the server
- Re-run the MailEssentials installation