When installing SpamTag, a dialog box appears with a message: 'Microsoft.NET Framework 4.0 is required'.
- GFI MailEssentials
- All supported environments
- Microsoft .NET Framework is not installed or it is not registered correctly with the operating system.
- The wrong installer is being used.
The installer checks for the following key and value. If they exist, Microsoft .NET Framework is considered installed.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Net Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Full
- If the key does not exist, download and install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 or higher.
- If the key does exist, use GFIMailEssentialsSpamTag.exe from
..\GFI\MailEssentials\Outlook(on the server) instead of GFIMailEssentialsSpamTag.msi.