Versions / Builds AffectedGFI MailEssentials 2015
Problem SummaryError: InstallPatch, System.Exception: CAB is not verified! ; at MailEssentials.PatchChecker.PatchChecker.InstallPatch(String id) when trying to install the cumulative update via UI
TT / JIRAID2531
How to IdentifyBy a similar error in the debug logs:
"info ","PatchPlugin","Verify 1 - True"
"info ","PatchPlugin","Verify 2 - false"
"error ","PatchPlugin","Error: InstallPatch, System.Exception: CAB is not verified!
; at MailEssentials.PatchChecker.PatchChecker.InstallPatch(String id)"
"info ","PatchPlugin","GetAvailablePatchList >>>>>>>>>>>>"
"info ","PatchPlugin","patchList count 1"
"info ","PatchPlugin","GetAvailablePatchList <<<<<<<<<<<<"
Workaround / Fix DetailsAdd the GFI certificate to the trusted people store in the local computer as per above steps. The issue is being caused by missing certificates, we were unable to identify which exactly.
1. click on Start, then Run and type mmc
2. Go to File, then Add/Remove Snap-ins, select Certificates and click Add, then select Computer account (leave Local computer selected)
3. expand the Certificates node, then Trusted People
4. right click on the Trusted People node, then All Tasks, Import...
5. download the certificate file, browse to it and hit Next until imported
6. try installing the patch again
Should it continue to fail after performing the above steps, starting with MailEssentials 2015 SR1, there is a registry key which can skip the cab verification altogether.
1. Add a new registry key under HKLM\SOFTWARE\GFI\MailEssentials\Config named SkipPatchVerification and set it to 1
2. check the debug log file PatchPlugin.log found under the Attendant to confirm it works by looking for "Skipping verification..."
For the 2015 Gold edition, please install the below patch:
Required ActionsApply the above workaround and attach article to case.