When trying to install GFI MailEssentials, it is not possible to select a path other than the default path where to install GFI MailEssentials because the Browse
button is disabled.
- GFI MailEssentials
- All supported platforms
To enable the option to change the installation path follow the steps below:
- Open Regedit (Start > Run > type Regedit and press Enter).
- Navigate to the correct path for your product:
- GFI MailEssentials (x86), browse to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\GFI\MailEssentials]
- GFI MailEssentials (x64), browse to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432NODE\GFI\MailEssentials]
- Delete the value for the regkey path (string) and close regedit.
- Run the installation and install GFI MailEssentials to the preferred path.
This article contains information about editing the registry. Before you edit the registry, make sure you understand how to restore it if a problem occurs. For information about how to do this, view the "Restoring the Registry" Help topic in Regedit.exe or the "Restoring a Registry Key" Help topic in Regedt32.exe or regedit.exe.
This issue occurs when GFI MailEssentials was already installed before. Even if the old installation of GFI MailEssentials has been uninstalled, the GFI MailEssentials installation checks if there were any older installations and forces the user to install to the same directory. This is done to retain the configuration settings from the old installation.