PROBLEMWhen GFI MailEssentials needs to perform update on any of the Anti-virus Scanning Engines, the Anti-virus Engine will be unloaded from the GFI MailEssentials AV Scan Engine Service and apply the Anti-virus scanning engine update accordingly. Starting from GFI MailSecurity 10 SR 8, a new recovery feature has been introduced called Engine Recovery Procedure (ERP). Should GFI MailEssentials AV Scan Engine fail to unload any Anti-virus scanning engine during an update, ERP is triggered which will automatically restart the GFI MailEssentials AV Scan Engine Service in order to apply the failed update. This process will also generate a notification and sent to the GFI MailSecurity Administrator.
- GFI MailEssentials
In order to ensure that the update was successful, please perform the following procedure:
- Open the GFI MailEssentials Configuration
- Expand ‘EmailSecurity’ on the left pane
- Then expand ‘Virus Scanning Engines’ on the left pane
- Click on the Virus Scanning Engine which was mentioned in the email notification received.
- From the ‘Updates’ tab, ensure that the ‘Last Update:’ date is recent. If needed trigger another update manually.