- Depending on your installation, navigate to the following files:
- GFI MailEssentials 2012 and later: ...\GFI\MailEssentials\Antispam\Data\product.config
- GFI MailEssentials 2014 R2 and later: ...\GFI\MailEssentials\Attendant\Data\product.config
- GFI MailEssentials 2014 R2 and later: ...\GFI\MailEssentials\ActionServices\Data\product.config
- Backup the file (create a subfolder called Backup and copy the file here)
- Within the Data folder open the product.config file with Notepad
- Search for this line:
<add key="WebDAVCustomFol" value="GFI AntiSpam Folders;Add to blocklist;Add to whitelist;I want this Discussion list;This is legitimate email;This is spam email;Processed" />
- The entries marked with red colour can be customized to suit your language preferences, but please do not use special characters.
- Save the changes, close the file.
- Navigate to ...\GFI\MailEssentials\AntiSpam\strings.xml
- Modify the names of the public folders to reflect the changes done in the product.config. Per default the section looks as follows:
<module id="m_pfolders"> <string id="ids_rootfolder">GFI AntiSpam Folders</string> <string id="ids_processedfolder">Processed</string> <string id="ids_addblistfolder">Add to blocklist</string> <string id="ids_addwlistfolder">Add to whitelist</string> <string id="ids_newslttrfolder">I want this Discussion list</string> <string id="ids_spamfolder">This is spam email</string> <string id="ids_hamfolder">This is legitimate email</string> </module>
- Re-start all GFI MailEssentials services
- Open the GFI MailEssentials configuration and navigate to Anti-Spam > Anti-Spam Settings > Public Folder Scanning
- Hit the button Scan Now. GFI MailEssentials will create a new set of Public Folders within Microsoft Exchange server (with the modified language settings)
- The old public folders can be deleted manually
More information about the public folder scanning can be found in the product manual.