Note: This procedure will create a new GFI MailEssentials EmailSecurity Quarantine database, hence emails quarantined in the previous database will not be accessible during and after the procedure.
- Stop all GFI MailEssentials services
- Move (backup) or delete all folders found in the QuarStoreFB directory, where the EmailSecurity (Malware) Quarantine is stored. The path where the Quarantine is stored can be checked either under Switchboard / Quarantine or in the EmailSecurity\Data\product.config file (for the Malware quarantine).
Note: this will prevent you from seeing any previously quarantined emails. You will only need to move or delete the contents from the QuarStoreFB folder, not the folder itself.
- Open command prompt and change the directory to ..GFI\MailEssentials\EmailSecurity\MiddleLayer (version 2012 and 2014) and ..GFI\MailEssentials\Backend\bin (version 2014R2 and later)
- Run the following command: qssfbcreate.exe /defaultpath /debuglog c:\fdb.log (if the quarantine is not in the default location the command is: qssfbcreate.exe /dbpath c:\path_found_in_product.config /debuglogs c:\fdb.log)
- The quarantine database will be recreated in the QuarStoreFB folder (either in the default path or the one provided)
- Start all stopped services at point 1.
- GFI MailEssentials Switchboard\Quarantine
- C:\Program Files (x86)\GFI\MailEssentials\Backend\data\product.config under QuarStorePath
- C:\Program Files (x86)\GFI\MailEssentials\Attendant\data\product.config under QuarStorePath
- C:\Program Files (x86)\GFI\MailEssentials\EmailSecurity\data\product.config under QuarStorePath