AnswerThe following steps can refresh the SpamRazer definitions, which in some cases may have become corrupted.
This can be useful when the SpamRazer filter acts in an abnormal manner, either blocking emails which shouldn't be blocked/false positives (for example internal emails) or when it isn't blocking obvious spam.
- Stop the Microsoft Exchange Transport service/Simple Mail Transfer Service
- Stop the GFI MailEssentials Attendant service
- Backup the SpamRazer data folder located at '...\GFI\MailEssentials\AntiSpam\SpamScore\Core'
- Delete the rule (sc*.bin; sc1.bin, sc2aj5ac49e0.bin.tmp, etc) files from the SpamRazer data folder. These include all files except spamcatcher.conf, productid, rkd.
- Start the services stopped at point 1 and 2
- Update the SpamRazer module