PROBLEMMail that's coming in is being filtered and blocked despite being in the whitelist.
- GFI MailEssentials
- All Supported Environments
SOLUTIONCheck the following points:
- Whitelisted emails can be blocked if they contain malware, since the Email Security engines have a higher priority than the anti-spam filters and the whitelist. Check that blocked emails do not violate Email Security rules.
- Ensure that the anti-spam filter scanning order is set so that the Whitelist runs before other filters that are blocking the desired email.
- There are two types of Whitelist entries, MIME and SMTP. If there is only one of the two entries add the other as well.
- Check that you are on the latest build of GFI MailEssentials.
GFI MailEssentials processes the emails according to a pre-established order:
- Security and Antivirus modules.
- Anti-spam modules according to their priority list.
A filtering engine that has higher priority than the whitelist filter is blocking this email.