PROBLEMMail Archiving feature is not listed in MailEssentials.
- GFI MailEssentials 2010 and later
SOLUTIONThe GFI MailEssentials Mail Archiving feature is being phased out of MailEssentials 2010, and as of the next major release, this feature will be completely unavailable.
In GFI MailEssentials 2010 Service Release 2, this feature is not visible in the configuration. The only case where this feature would still be visible is if an upgrade is made over an older build of GFI MailEssentials which had the Mail Archiving feature enabled.
If the Mail Archiving feature needs to be used and its node is not visible in the configuration, follow the steps below to enable the Mail Archiving node in the configuration:
- Close the GFI MailEssentials configuration
- Open the registry editor by running regedit.exe
- Browse to the MailEssentials registry key
- 32 bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\GFI\ME15
- 64 bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\GFI\ME15
- Open the Config key
- Change the value of the “HideMailArchiving” DWORD from 1 to 0