MailEssentials ScanM.exe is causing 100% CPU usage
- Disable the VIPRE Anti Virus Engine from:
- MailEssentials Configuration > EmailSecurity > Virus Scanning Engines > VIPRE
- Wait for the CPU usage to return to normal
- NOTE: You may need to wait several minutes for this to occur.
- Use the "Download Updates" button to download the latest definitions.
- Once the download completes, ensure you are on at least version 49326
- Enable VIPRE scanning and confirm CPU usage remains normal after 10 minutes.
- Please contact support if the issue persists
This is due to a bad VIPRE Anti Virus Definition update. Affected versions include 49306 to 49312. It has been resolved with the 49326 update.