The Pop2Exchange service keeps crashing. The reason might be related to a corrupt email on the Pop3 server.
- GFI MailEssentials
- All supported environments
- Stop the Pop2Exchange service
- Check the Pop2Exchange log files for each user configured
- Directory: ..\GFI\MailEssentials\AntiSpam\Debug Logs
- The log file will be named:
- Check the last modified file first, as this is the most likely to be the one with the problem
- Check which email is being downloaded over and over again
- This email is corrupted and cannot be downloaded, causing the service to stop when it tries to download the email
- Note: The email may have been sent to more then one user, or there may be multiple corrupt emails
- Log into the Pop3 Server and delete the offending email
- Restart the Pop2Exchange service
- Wait 15 minutes to confirm issue is resolved
There is a corrupt email on the Pop3 server that cannot be downloaded properly.