Quarantine digests are not being sent to mail-enabled public folders or distribution lists. GFI MailEssentials is configured to send the quarantine digest to "all users."
- GFI MailEssentials
- all supported environments
- Backup the following file:
- GFI MailEssentials 2010: C:\Program Files (x86)\GFI\MailEssentials\data\product.config.
- GFI MailEssentials 2012: C:\Program Files (x86)\GFI\MailEssentials\Antispam\data\product.config
- GFI MailEssentials 2014:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\GFI\MailEssentials\Backend\data\product.config
- C:\Program Files (x86)\GFI\MailEssentials\Antispam\data\product.config
- C:\Program Files (x86)\GFI\MailEssentials\ActionServices\data\product.config
- Open product.config in Notepad
- Search for the line which contains DigestUserLookup. By default it should list: <add key="DigestUserLookup" value="2"/>
- The following list shows the possible values. Set it accordingly:
- 0 = Check for duplicates only (no AD checking and no aggregate, this is the value which will send to public folders and distribution lists as well)
- 1 = Check AD users
- 2 = Check AD users and aggregate user emails (this is the default value)
- Restart the GFI MailEssentials services
By default GFI MailEssentials sends only quarantine digests to Microsoft Active Directory users.