Versions / Builds Affected20.3 (20170321)
Problem Summarygfimeattendant is crashing
TT / JIRAIDGFIME-2900
How to IdentifyThere are multiple indicators that gfimesattendant is not working correctly.
• Emails are not filtered by GFI MailEssentials
• System logs show that gfimesattendant crashed or is crashing
• Windows Events Viewer shows an event with ID 4211 and the source is gfimesattendant
• Plugin MonitoringActivity reports exception:
Additional info: ERROR: ProcessItem: exception [System.ApplicationException: ERROR: failed to process item at MEC.MonitoringActivityThread.ProcessMessage(Object objContext)]
• Connecting to the database server (dbs) causes an error similar to this:
2017-06-20,08:48:49,510,1,"#0000b7ac","#0000bd9c","info ","mtaengine","Opening db connection on to [Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\Program Files (x86)\GFI\MailEssentials\Antispam\config.mdb]"
Workaround / Fix DetailsThis is a known issue and a patch for GFI MailEssentials is available to solve it.
1. Download the patch file: http://psg.gfi.com/ME/Patches/ME20/GFIME-3293.zip
2. Right-click the zip file and choose Properties. From the General tab, click Unblock and then Apply.
3. Close the GFI MailEssentials interface.
4. Stop Microsoft Exchange Transport and GFI MailEssentials AS Scan Engine services
5. Navigate to GFI\MailEssentials\Antispam\
6. Back up and replace autoreplies.dll
7. Start GFI MailEssentials AS Scan Engine and Microsoft Exchange Transport.
8. Open the GFI MailEssentials interface.
Required ActionsApply the patch and monitor for gfiattendant crashes in Eventlogs. Confirm that Autoreplies are working fine.