The gfireportq@recovery MSMQ queue builds to the maximum size of 103,000 entries, causing emails to go into the failed mail folder.
The ReportingActivity Log shows the following errors:
2013-08-21,10:46:33,385,1,"#00002B68","#00000005","info ","ReportingActivity","Something awful happened, submitting message to failure queue ..."
2013-08-21,10:46:33,411,1,"#00002B68","#00000005","error ","ReportingActivity","Error: Exception while processing recovery: NHibernate.Exceptions.GenericADOException: could not insert: [MailEssentials.Reporting.Model.SpamEmail#MailEssentials.Reporting.Model.SpamEmailId][SQL: INSERT INTO meces_spam (blockreasonid, uniqueguid, pluginid) VALUES (?, ?, ?)] System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: The changes you requested to the table were not successful because they would create duplicate values in the index, primary key, or relationship. Change the data in the field or fields that contain duplicate data, remove the index, or redefine the index to permit duplicate entries and try again.
GFI Mail Essentials Build 2012 - 20130805.
This issue is resolved in the latest build of GFI MailEssentials 2014 SR1 and SR2. Upgrade to one of these or to the latest release of GFI MailEssentials.
Note: Purging the queues resolves the issue temporarily.
If you cannot upgrade at this time, follow these steps to apply the attached patch.
Warning: This patch only applies to Build 2012 - 20130805.
Applying the Patch
- Verify the following files are set to unblock (right-click on the file > Properties > Unlock > Apply):
- Download the following patch: ME2012_SR6_PATCH_20130926_01.zip. (follow the instructions in the ReadMe.txt file or continue to the next step).
- Close any GFI Configuration tools that may be running.
- Stop all of the GFI MailEssentials services.
- Backup the following files:
- Replace the files listed in the previous step with the ones included in the zip file.
- Restart all of the GFI MailEssentials services.