GFI MailEssentials is not licensed for Sophos Antivirus but the UI shows Sophos as licensed. It also tries to download updates but fails. Engines do not retrieve the update information, even though updates are successful.
GFI MailEssentials 21.1
This is a known software defect.
This issue has been fixed in GFI MailEssentials version 21.2. Upgrade to this version or later to resolve the issue.
If you cannot upgrade at this time, follow the instructions below to install the patch:
- Download the attached patch.
- Stop the Exchange Transport service (or SMTP service depending on the environment) and all GFI MailEssentials services.
- Backup the following files from the GFI MailEssentials installation folder:
- Replace the above DLL files with those contained in the patch.
- Start all the services that were stopped in step 2.