AnswerThe following services need to be configured to be allowed to communicate through the firewall, on the Master as well as on the Slave servers:
- GFI MailEssentials Attendant
- GFI MailEssentials Backend
- GFI MailEssentials Quarantine Action Services
The required steps are as follows:
- Navigate to Start->Control Panel-Windows Firewall
- On the left side, click on the "Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall"
- Click on "Change settings", then on "Allow another program..."
- Click on "Browse..." and browse to the following executables:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\GFI\MailEssentials\ActionServices\bin\MailEssentials.Action.Service.exe"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\GFI\MailEssentials\Attendant\bin\MailEssentials.Attendant.Service.exe"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\GFI\MailEssentials\Backend\bin\MailEssentials.Backend.Service.exe"
*Note: the path to the above executables may vary depending on the operating system, location of the GFI MailEssentials installation, etc., please adapt as required
For any third party Firewall, the following rules have to be defined:
- GFI MailEssentials Attendant (...\GFI\MailEssentials\Attendant\bin\MailEssentials.Attendant.Service.exe) - Inbound and Outbound
- GFI MailEssentials Backend (...\GFI\MailEssentials\Backend\bin\MailEssentials.Backend.Service.exe) - Inbound and Outbound
- GFI MailEssentials Quarantine Action Services (...\GFI\MailEssentials\ActionServices\bin\MailEssentials.Action.Service.exe) - Outbound
Further details about which ports are used by the GFI MailEssentials multi-install setup can be found here: