GFI MailEssentials automatically unsubscribes an email address from a Newsletter / Discussion List if both of the following conditions are met:
- The Newsletter / Discussion List can be configured to automatically unsubscribe NDRs. This option can be enabled by performing the following procedure:
- Open the GFI MailEssentials configuration.
- Expand Email Management and click on List Server.
- Right-click on the list server which you wish to enable.
- Check the option Automatically unsubscribe NDRs and move NDR to following folder.
- Specify the folder by pasting the path and click Apply.
- A NDR is received with either of the following status codes:
- 5.1.0 - Other address status
- 5.1.1 - Bad destination mailbox address
- 5.1.2 - Bad destination system address
- 5.1.3 - Bad destination mailbox address syntax
- 5.1.4 - Destination mailbox address ambiguous
- 5.1.6 - Destination mailbox has moved, No forwarding address.
: If a NDR is received by the GFI MailEssentials List Server with a different status code, the email address will not be removed from the Newsletter / Discussion list.