When enabling Multi-Install mode under the Multi-Server node, the following behavior is noticed:
- All fields are empty.
- There is no host in the drop-down menu under Centralize Quarantine and Reporting data within the Multi-Install network.
- There is no port number.
- The port used to synchronize the data field is empty.
- In some cases, the user interface does not start up.
GFI MailEssentials 2015
The issue is being caused by the installation process failing to add a slash ("/") in the registry link between the GFI MailEssentials URL and the virtual directory name.
The issue only happens when the port number is present between the URL and the virtual directory name (e.g. http://Exchange_server:80MailEssentials, notice the missing "/" between "80" and "MailEssentials").
WARNING! This article explicitly provides Registry Editor key changes. Thus, not executing them as mentioned could result in inconsistent data or system errors.
- Launch regedit (Start > Run, type
regedit.exeand press Enter).
- Navigate to:
- For 32-bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\GFI\MailEssentials\EmailSecurity\
- For 64-bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\GFI\MailEssentials\EmailSecurity\
- Correct the WebAddress and RssWebAddress values to contain the missing
/between the URL and the virtual directory name.
- Restart the GFI MailEssential attendant service.