When Kerio Connect is installed on a Windows® operating system alongside 3rd party Antivirus or Backup software, it’s important to exclude certain folders from the real-time scanning engines of these 3rd party programs to avoid performance and data corruption issues.
The following directories are to be excluded from antivirus scanning:
- Kerio Connect Installation directory:
- Kerio Connect Mailstore directory:
- Kerio Connect Archive directory:
- Kerio Connect Backup directory:
These are all default paths and may differ in your setup. You can verify the actual paths for your environment by referring to:
- Administration console > Configuration > Advanced options > Store Directory for the store folder.
- Administration console > Configuration > Advanced options > Archiving and Backup for the Archive folder.
Please refer to the corresponding vendor for details on how to add the exclusions in the antivirus or backup software.