SummaryAdding an Application to an Application Group is a simple process that can be done through the Configuration > Objects > Application page
OverviewThough the Exinda comes with default application groups based on default application signatures in each release of the Exinda firmware, it is possible to add applications of your own to application groups if it is found that they are needed in an environment and the default applications do not cover them.
This can be done through the following:
1. Create the application (Configuration > Objects > Applications) based on the application profile known (TCP/UDP ports, an HTTP domain, etc).
2. Click on "Create Application".
3. Click on the "Application Groups" tab.
4. Find the appropriate application group and click "Edit"
5. Find a blank drop down box (there will always be 4 regardless of how many applications are in the application group) and find the application created in step 1.
6. Click "Save"
7. Save the configuration and restart the optimizer.