DescriptionAnnouncing Exinda Management Center 1.5.0
Release Date: February 29, 2016
- Exinda Management Center 1.5.0 only supports appliance firmware versions 7.0.2 Update 1 and above.
- Exinda Management Center 1.5.0 is available as VMware and SaaS subscription.
Application Performance Scores (APS)
The Exinda appliance can monitor several properties of the TCP flows of an application and collect
metrics. These metrics are compared to an established threshold and given a score between one
and ten, known as the Application Performance Score (APS). The application performance score (APS) assesses the user network performance experience of business-critical applications. The score, ranging between 0 and 10, where 0 is poor and 10 is excellent, indicates whether the app is performing as well as expected or is performing poorly.
In the Exinda Management Center you can identify the applications whose performance you
consider important to the operation of the organization. As you identify these applications, you can
assign thresholds against their performance scores that can trigger alerts. As the performance
drops below the threshold, specified users then receive email alerts to draw attention to the issue.
- [D-04373] After activating, a system restart may be necessary: In the event that a user installs EMC in a location that does not have DHCP configuration that would allow them to reach license.exinda.com, they will not be able to fetch the current application definitions and l7 signature definitions
- [D-04440] Network Configuration File does not match: While the EMC system will recognize and adapt to network hardware changes, the operating system does not create configuration files for new hardware. Since the system relies on configuration files for modifying and altering network configurations, the system must ensure that there is a configuration file generated for any new network hardware detected.
- [D-04643] Internal Server error when attempting to create a user with a duplicate email address
- [D-04760] It takes over 12 seconds to add a policy set from the library to the Optimizer Policy Tree
- [D-04763] Circuits should not be able to be selected for import if their circuit type is empty
- [D-04805] Appliance > Configuration > Policies > Optimize selection requires a checkbox to be selected in order to import policies
- [D-04806] Import Policies page - Missing apps are not identified when importing policies
- [D-04807] ToS/DSCP field - Discrepancy in options between the Appliance and EMC
- [D-04855] When scheduling a reboot the date field needs to be modified in order to allow the form to submit: The default date field isn't actually filled in when trying to schedule a reboot.
- [D-05194] No ability to remove built in apps - Firmware versions can conflict