Firmware Image upload takes a very long on Exinda
Exinda firmware upgrades involve the following steps:
- Firmware download (on Exinda or locally)
- Firmware upload to the Exinda (if downloaded locally)
- Firmware installation
- Reboot to boot into the new firmware
: Step 1 and 2 can take some time to download the firmware depending on the link speed and if any QOS is being applied on the 'fetch' of the firmware file from our software update servers
- If you have a couple of Exindas and firmware download (image upload) takes less time on one and more on the other, it most likely is a networking issue.
- In such cases:
- Check the routing on the ports the Exinda's management port is connected to: the switch connected to the management port might be in a vlan, which has a lower priority.
- Try changing the port on the switch where the management port is connected to see if that improves the situation.
- Another cause could be slow write on the disk of the Exinda.
- If the Exinda's disk is not writing the firmware file on it at a rate which makes it apparently slower, then you may experience slow image uploads to the Exinda.