SummaryIf you are seeing high utilization on the devices connected to the Exinda when the optimizer is on we can assist in troubleshooting.
OverviewThere are instances when a customer will see high CPU utilization on devices connected to the Exinda when the optimizer is on. In order to troubleshoot this effectively we will need to know exactly what we are doing that could be causing the CPU spike. We can assist in troubleshooting, but without knowing exactly what is causing the issue there is not much we can do except check if maybe there is something off in your configuration.
1. It could be that the other device is simply not able to keep up. Eg. maybe the firewall cannot handle jumbo frames and has to fragment them, and this is using up the device's resources.
2. The device might need latest firmware.
3. Mis-configured device.
4. Device does is having trouble processing the options we use to accelerate traffic in an accelerated environment.
ResolutionIn order to find a resolution we will need customer to check their device. If the device has been checked and nothing seems out of place, engage the vendor. If the vendor lets the customer know that something that we are doing is causing the spike and that the device is working, then we should gather the diagnostics and troubleshoot the issue.
Few things to check:
1. Check the device specifications to make sure that it can handle the traffic, e.g. number of concurrent connections, number of new connections per second.
2. Check if the device needs updating.