SummaryTroubleshooting management interface inaccessibility
OverviewThe Exinda is operational but the management interface is not available.
CauseDevice could be busy, hence management daemon is not receiving enough resources to perform operations.
There might be no network connectivity to the management interface
ResolutionChecklist for network connectivity issues:
- Is the management interface connected via eth1 to the switch/core switch
- Check ethernet cable
- Is the switchport enabled on the switch
- Is the management interface in the correct VLAN if applicable
- Connect a monitor and keyboard to the Exinda and login as admin
- Can you ping an internal IP address?
- Can you ping another Exinda
- Can you ping an Internet IP address / URL
"Management backend unavailable, continuing with reduced capability"
Then, this means the device is busy and is unable to assign management enough resources to perform normal function.
In such cases a shutdown is recommended. Shut down the unit for 4-5 minutes (removing the power cables as well) and then boot it. This should normalize all resource constraints and enable normal operation
Contact Exinda Support for any further assistance