SummaryTo set up an edge cache policy in the optimizer requires the policy to be in both directions and to be for the 'web' application group
OverviewIn the Exinda firmware, to set up edge cache means to implement a policy that will ensure that the traffic will hit the caching engine. To do so is a very simple process. It can be done with any existing policy that has a filter rule involving the 'Web' application group, so long as it is in at the very least in the Outbound direction (or in both directions).
To create a new policy for edge caching:
1. Go to the optimizer configuration.
2. 'Create New Policy' in the optimizer, in the virtual circuit that requires caching enabled for.
3. Give the policy a name, and a virtual circuit number that is lower than any policy that might accidentally accept web traffic - such as a policy for ALL applications.
4. Click the check box beside 'Acceleration' and ensure the drop down menu says 'Edge cache'
5. For a filter rule:
VLAN = ALL
Source = ALL
Direction = Both
Destination = ALL
ToS/DSCP = ALL
Application = "Web" application group
6. Create the policy.
7. Save configuration and restart the optimizer.
Ensure that this policy is in a virtual circuit that either has a direction of 'Both' or is going 'Outbound'. Edge cache operates by working on web traffic in the outbound direction - to catch the connection on the way out to the server and if necessary, connect to the end server on its own and pull the page to be cached.