It is possible to setup policy with Active Directory usernames and/or groups as the source/destination network object in a policy. This article describes how to achieve this after AD integration is already successfully functioning on the Exinda (able to monitor and report based on users and groups).
In order to have a policy use a username or group, they must first be configured as Network Objects.
- Go to Configuration > Objects > Users & Groups.
- Select the desired users' checkboxes.
- Then, click on the "Add Network Object" button below.
- Go to Configuration > Objects > Users & Groups > Networks Groups.
- Search for the desired AD Groups and click on the "Edit" button,
- Select "Map to Network Object".
Now, the appropriate users and groups should show up in the Source and Destination dropdown boxes while editing policies.