When an Exinda appliance is connected to an instance of Service Delivery Point (SDP), every five minutes, statistics and other information is sent back to SDP. Devices that do not connect to SDP during one of their reporting periods will have the following error message in the logs:
[sdpd.WARNING]: Statistics delivery failure to the central management system. 5 min stats dropped. Please check your central management system status and logs.
Several reasons, including the following, can cause this error message:
- The Exinda appliance is overloaded in terms of resources.
- There is a problem in the network preventing the connection.
- The SDP server is offline.
- The SDP server is inaccessible.
- To address this issue, check if the SDP is reachable from the Exinda device. On the appliance, navigate to Configuration > System > Tools, and in the Ping tab, ping the hostname or IP of the SDP server. If a response is not obtained, some network or physical problem is preventing the Exinda from communicating through its management port to the SDP. Checking and fixing any issues in the network can resume connectivity.
- If the Exinda appliance was previously communicating with SDP, then it was correctly set up. If the configuration has recently changed on the Exinda, one of the changed settings concerning DNS, IP, or gateway might have ceased communication between the appliance and SDP. Examine any configuration changes made on the system.
If there are no network problems, wait for one hour. If the problem persists after an hour, contact Exinda Support.