DescriptionFirmware Name: ExOS 22.214.171.1242
Release Date: Aug 31, 2012
Platforms: 2060, 2061, 4060, 4061, 5000, 6010, 6060, 7000, 8060, 10060, Virtual
Required Versions: 5.4, 5.5, 6.0, 6.1, 6.3.0 (or previous 6.3 BETA releases)
- After installing ExOS 6.3, it is not possible to roll back to any ExOS version prior to ExOS 6.0.2. It is strongly recommended to have ExOS 6.0.2 (or newer) installed on your system prior to upgrading to ExOS 6.3 .
- When rebooting into ExOS 6.3 following the installation, it is strongly recommended to use the "Slow Reboot" mode.
- If you are upgrading to ExOS 6.3 from ExOS 6.0 or earlier:
- A database upgrade is performed and monitoring reports may be unavailable for up to 10 minutes.
- When upgrading to ExOS 6.3 from ExOS 5.5 or earlier:
- WAN Memory persistence will be lost due to changes in the underlying storage architecture.
- ARM objects are automatically upgraded to APS objects, however, all historical ARM data is lost. If you would like to keep records of your historical ARM data then it is recommended to generate PDF reports with this data prior to upgrading.
- Virtual Machine disk images will be lost due to changes in the underlying storage architecture. This only affects customers running virtual machines on the Exinda appliance such as Replify Software Client or Windows Server. Please contact Exinda TAC for a manual workaround.
- If you are upgrading to ExOS 6.3 from ExOS 5.3 or earlier:
- This upgrade is not supported. Please upgrade to ExOS 5.4 or newer first.
- Network Management Systems that use the Exinda SNMP MIB will need to be updated to use the new Exinda SNMP MIB after upgrading to ExOS 6.3.
- Upgrading from V5 or V6 (appliances already on V5 or V6):
- On V5 or V6 systems with valid Software Subscription (SS), Hardware Maintenance (HM) or Premium Support (PS), navigate to System | Maintenance | Firmware Update and use one of the following URLs:
Exinda 2061, 4060, 4061, 5000, 6010, 6060, 7000, 8060, 10060 (64-bit):
http://updates.exinda.com/exos/exinda-v126.96.36.1992.x86_64.imgExinda 2060 (32-bit):
Image Size: 318,859,992 bytes (305 MB)
http://updates.exinda.com/exos/exinda-v188.8.131.522.i386.imgThe image can also be downloaded to your desktop and uploaded to the appliance. Downloading and installation may take some time. Ensure that the partition other than your currently booted partition displays the latest ExOS version: "184.108.40.2062 (i386) 2012/08/31" or "220.127.116.112 (x86_64) 2012/08/31".
Image Size: 280,452,300 bytes (268 MB)
You must reboot the appliance for the image to install. Once the system reboots ensure that the status bar displays the correct ExOS version (18.104.22.1682). If the old ExOS version is displayed it indicates a problem with either the installation of the new version (system will automatically fall back to existing version) or that the new version was not set to "to boot next" prior to rebooting.
Fixed in 6.3.4 (from 6.3.3):
- [APP-7661] acceleration smb: Increased file open and close performance
- [APP-7574] acceleration smb: Allow wan-memory to work when smb or smb2 protocol processing is disabled
- [APP-7656] acceleration smb: Improved file attribute handling for Window XP
- [APP-7319, APP-7527, APP-7495] acceleration smb: Better handling of uncommon smb messages
- [APP-7711] acceleration wan-memory: Crash during expiry when multiple threads complete simultaneously
- [APP-7709] wui: Network Summary graphs do not work with IE7
- [APP-7658] wui: Unselected items not removed from the Control and APS graphs
- [APP-7498] reports: The number of PDF reports allowed is one less than licensed limit
- [APP-7644] system: Network objects should match the least specific (smallest subnet) first
- [APP-7673] system: The 2061 reboots during shutdown if the system watchdog is enabled
- [APP-7710] system: Disk alert sometimes triggering for cifs and edge-cache when it should not
- [APP-7710] system: Disk alert sometimes not triggering for monitoring database when it should
- [APP-7681] monitoring: Crash under some traffic patterns using edge-cache
- [APP-7327] system: New mq bridge mode for increased optimization performance for high bandwidth (>1G) licenses
- [APP-7671] system: Occasional crash when booting with 10G interfaces in the system
- [APP-7698] acceleration tcp: Avoid crash under certain error conditions during connection establishment (also in 6.1.8)
Fixed in 6.3.2 (from 6.3.1):
- [APP-7206] acceleration: Excessive CPU and ram usage under some situations for all acceleration components
- [APP-7604] acceleration tcp: Expose connection keep alive settings via the cli and wui
- [APP-7650] acceleration smb: Reduce memory usage due to fragmentation
- [APP-7629] acceleration smb: Improve performance of file close/reopen sequences
- [APP-7609] acceleration smb: Handle servers that ignore extended responses
- [APP-7608] acceleration smb: File transfers fail with `The Application or DLL (filename) is not a valid Windows image`
- [APP-7588] acceleration smb: Don't block processing while deleting cached files (fails liveliness test)
- [APP-7553] acceleration smb: Improve wan memory matching for the initial part of a file
- [APP-7573] acceleration smb: Allow disabling support for pre-v6.3 backwards compatibility
- [APP-7620] alerts: Include thread CPU usage details in the CPU utilisation alert email
- [APP-7379] wui: The graphs for Voice calls in Traffic Analysis are empty
- [APP-7185] reports: Table of contents order does not match the actual order
- [APP-7187] reports: Some CSV columns contain "\N"
- [APP-7124] reports: Changes not saved when frequency set to "Monthly (Custom)"
- [APP-7545] system: Broken partial bridge configuration for invalid bridges prevents upgrading to 6.3
- [APP-7648] system: Don't log rate limited messages for a message which is no longer shown (also 6.1.8)
- [APP-7646] system: Kernel crash sometimes when using large window sizes and irregular loss patterns (also in 6.1.8)
Fixed in 6.3.1 (from 6.3.0):
- [APP-7410, APP-7442] acceleration smb: Fully support chained commands
- [APP-7324] acceleration smb: When using a MAC client directories with a large number files do not show them all
- [APP-7047] acceleration smb: OS X clients unable to connect to samba servers
- [APP-7403] acceleration smb: Improve reduction/performance during writes
- [APP-7364] pre-populate: Allow spaces in CIFS/SMB paths
- [APP-7262] pre-populate: Running multiple pre-population without wan-memory or CIFS running stall WUI for long periods
- [APP-7343] edge cache: Don't fail to start when invalid file names exist on the filesystem
- [APP-7412, APP-7411] optimizer: Improve performance of optimizer start/restart
- [APP-7380] optimizer: Fix occasional crash when processing network object modifications
- [APP-7471] system: Defend against http denial of service attach (CVE-2011-3192)
- [APP-7398] system: Take into account both size and age when cleaning out old log files
- [APP-6953] system: tcpdump on the appliance not capturing full packets destined for segmentation offload
- [APP-7360] wui: 'Monitor -> Network Reports' should show average of the data not average of the peaks
- [APP-7317] wccp: Failure to correctly handle multiple wccp services at once
- [APP-7139] monitoring: Application and L7 signature upgrades
- WebDAV (Web)
- MSRP (Instant Messaging)
- Lync (Unified Communications)