DescriptionExOS 7.4 Release Notes
(Release Date: October 21st, 2015)
Supported upgrade versions:
¥7.0.0, 7.0.1, 7.0.1u1, 7.0.2, 7.0.2u1, 7.0.3 and 7.0.3u1
¥The supported upgrade path from 6.x is to upgrade to 6.4.3 or later first. Then upgrade to 7.0.0.
¥The upgrade from 6.4.3 may take longer than normal due to the database upgrade that takes place.
¥v7.0.x will only accelerate with peers running 6.4.3 and later due to a change to the Exinda internal protocol
- If you are installing v7.0.x into an x800 estate, the best approach is to upgrade your core box to 6.4.3 and then install v7 on one or more branch offices.
- This allows all the existing appliances to accelerate to the core appliance and allows the v7 appliance(s) to accelerate to the core box running 6.4.3
¥2061, 3062, 4010, 4061, 4062, 6060, 6062, 8060, 8062, 10060, 10062, Virtual
Link to download the software image:
- Download link: https://updates.exinda.com/exos/exinda-v7.4.0-3951-x86_64.img
- MD5: 7b30ee5f2762bc3181406e04312c55d4
- File size: 666,458,278 bytes
¥ 7.4 supports a new image format (with V2 in file name). This format is smaller than the previous format (v1). Only appliances currently running 7.0.1 and later are able to use the v2 format for upgrades. All appliances running 7.0.0 and earlier must use the v1 image format.
Note: if the installation of a v2 image appears to fail, please check the logs. It might be that your system only supports v1 images. This will be evident by the presence of the following log messages in the system log:
[writeimage.ERR]: *** Target root partition size is < 1.5G, only v1 images are supported
mgmtd: [mgmtd.WARNING]: Exit with code 2 from writeimage.sh
mgmtd: [mgmtd.WARNING]: Image installation failure: *** Target root partition size is < 1.5G, only v1 images are supported#012
If this happens, please reboot your system once and try again. If it still persists, then please use the v1 image.
Major New Features:
- Inbound QoS now working along with Accelerated and Edge Cache Traffic
o Second Passes (data already in disk), still flows at full LAN speed.
- FQDN-Based Network Objects
o Only available via command line: The command to be used is:
exinda(config)# network-object <NAME> fqdn <fully-qualified-domain-name>
o The appliance performs a DNS lookup to the configured DNS server to resolve the locally configured network object.
- New L7 Signatures:
- Age of Warring Empire
- Timely TV
- Workout Trainer
- King of Pirates
- Mei Lu
- Game of War
- Fubon E-Broker
- National Baseball
- Kollect Book
- SPTG TV
- Ciaomobile HDTV
- iWow systex
- Next TV
- Yuanta Web
- Duo Duo
- Wealth God
- Three Bamboo
- pubu bookbuffet
- Disney Storytime
- Blue Jeans
- Apple Music
- Improved L7 Signatures
- Direct Downloadlink
- HTTP Tunnel
- D-04087: Different negotiations of SMB file sizes on either side of the bridge could cause file corruption.
- D-04365: Optimizer mistakenly requires a restart on a constant basis.
- D-03211: Slow PDF Generation when a high number of Network Objects have been configured
- D-03977: /var partition fills up by log files from the jboss process making the WebUI inaccessible.
- D-03869: Global QoS when configured along with multi-per-vc mode leads to limited transfer rates
- D-04431: VoIP Performance monitoring table/graphs only shows 10 calls.
- D-04408: In specific occasions, especially when running 7.0.2u1 and 7.0.3 on both partitions, the WebUI shows no bootable partitions and users are not able to downgrade/upgrade
- D-02920: Fixed issues where mgmtd process generates logs and blocks the user from logging into the WebUI.
- D-01888: ESP traffic was mistakenly classified as ICMP
- D-03972: After 7.0.2, radius users configured with ÒmonitorÓ permissions cannot log into the mgmt. interfaces.
- D-03493: When firewalls are blocking some accelerated packets, the tcpad process can goes up to 100% of CPU utilization
- D-02941: In some occasions, the ADConnector application crashes automatically.
- D-04657: When applying scripts to configure an Exinda Appliance via SDP, EMC, CLI or WebUI, some commands take too long to be applied.
- D-04628: Fixed a regression made in 7.0.3 that affects Link State Mirroring feature.
- D-04582: Fixed an issue that causes Wan Memory process to crash.
- D-04480: In certain occasions, Monitor->Interfaces graph presenting wrong high usage spikes
- D-04727: PBR Change in configuration needs restart of optimizer to take effect, but no indication was given, this has been fixed
- D-04408: Fix issue when installing image into partition currently marked as next-to-boot.
- D-03493: TCP acceleration process would get into a condition where it could spin and use high amounts of CPU.
- D-04633: Fixed issue where Only inbound real-time traffic reported in pbr configuration when the optimizer is on
- D-04544: Global QoS can now be used in PBR environments when using the optimizerÕs single mode (When link is 1Gbps or less)
- D-04400: Fixed issue in mysql database that could case memory leak and paging
- [D-03974] Edge Cache process can trigger a condition that makes it reboot
- [D-02086] Acceleration is not supported between sites that are separated by a Firewall/Router that is performing NAT overload.
- [D-04861] Users are not able to access the WebUI with a username that starts with a zero Ò0Ó
- [B-06114] Inbound QoS for HTTP traffic hitting the Edge Cache engine is controlled by the policy set for the Web application group or the HTTP application object
- [D-04963] Users with ÒMonitorÓ only capabilities can start/stop the optimizer.
- [D-06081] Some CA certificates are displayed as ÒExpiredÓ (Configuration > System > Certificates > CA Certificates). This, however, will not affect the appliance performance.
- [B-06115] APS values are normalized to 1024 bit of packet-size, so applications that use very small-size packets like Citrix and RDP are not recommended to be measured using our APS feature as the values will be much higher than the real ones.
- [D-04981] A policy to ignore all traffic, can cause Web Traffic outage
- [D-04111] Edge Cache does not work for YouTube in Chrome browser. Work Around: Add Ò--use-spdy=off --use-system-sslÓ to Chrome shortcut. For example: ÒC:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe --use-spdy=off --use-system-sslÓ For group policy of changing Chrome shortcut, please refer to http://blogs.technet.com/b/askds/archive/2014/02/17/adding-shortcuts-on-desktop-using-group-policy-preferences-in-windows-8-and-windows-8-1.aspx