This article describes the Release Notes for ExOS 7.4.1.
Supported upgrade versions:
- 7.0.0, 7.0.1, 7.0.1u1, 7.0.2, 7.0.2u1, 7.0.3 and 7.0.3u1
- 6.4.6, 6.4.7
- The supported upgrade path from 6.x is to upgrade to 6.4.3 or later first. Then upgrade to 7.0.0.
- The upgrade from 6.4.3 may take longer than normal due to the database upgrade that takes place.
- v7.0.x will only accelerate with peers running 6.4.3 and later due to a change to Exinda's internal protocol. If you are installing v7.0.x into an x800, the best approach is to upgrade your core box to 6.4.3 and then install v7 on one or more branch offices. This allows all the existing appliances to accelerate to the core appliance and allows the v7 appliance(s) to accelerate to the core box running 6.4.3.
- We are working on releasing new Virtual Appliance images with this version by default. In the meantime, please upgrade to 6.4.3 first and follow the upgrade path above described.
2061, 3062, 4010, 4061, 4062, 6060, 6062, 8060, 8062, 10060, 10062, Virtual
Link to download the software image:
- Download link
- MD5: 7b30ee5f2762bc3181406e04312c55d4
- File size: 666,458,278 bytes
Version 7.4 supports a new image format (with 'v2' in the file name). This format is smaller than the previous format ('v1'). Only appliances currently running 7.0.1 and later are able to use the v2 format for upgrades. All appliances running 7.0.0 and earlier must use the v1 image format.
Note: if the installation of a v2 image fail, check the logs. It might be that your system only supports v1 images. This will be evident by the presence of the following log messages in the system log:
[writeimage.ERR]: *** Target root partition size is < 1.5G, only v1 images are supported
mgmtd: [mgmtd.WARNING]: Exit with code 2 from writeimage.sh
mgmtd: [mgmtd.WARNING]: Image installation failure: *** Target root partition size is < 1.5G, only v1 images are supported#012
If this happens, reboot your system and try again. If it still persists, then please use the v1 image.
Major New Features:
- Inbound QoS now working along with Accelerated and Edge Cache Traffic
- When traffic is being accelerated on the first pass (data not yet in disk), it now complies fully with Inbound policies.
- Second passes (data already in disk), still flows at full LAN (Local Area Network) speed.
- FQDN-Based Network Objects
- Configuring Network Objects based on fully-qualified domain names (FQDN) avoids the need for manual reconfiguration of IP subnets when the server changes its IP assignment.
- This is only available via command line: The command to be used is:
exinda(config)# network-object <NAME> fqdn <fully-qualified-domain-name>
The appliance performs a DNS lookup to the configured DNS server to resolve the locally configured network object.
- New L7 Signatures:
- Age of Warring Empire
- Timely TV
- Workout Trainer
- King of Pirates
- Mei Lu
- Game of War
- Fubon E-Broker
- National Baseball
- Kollect Book
- SPTG TV
- Ciaomobile HDTV
- iWow systex
- Next TV
- Yuanta Web
- Duo Duo
- Wealth God
- Three Bamboo
- pubu bookbuffet
- Disney Storytime
- Blue Jeans
- Apple Music
- Improved L7 Signatures
- Direct Downloadlink
- HTTP Tunnel
Bug Fixes and Minor Improvements:
|D-04087||Different negotiations of SMB (Server Message Block) file sizes on either side of the bridge could cause file corruption.|
|D-04365||The Optimizer mistakenly requires a restart on a constant basis.|
|D-03211||Slow PDF generation when a high number of Network Objects have been configured|
|D-03977||/var partition fills up by log files from the JBoss process making the WebUI inaccessible.|
|D-03869||Global QoS (quality of service), when configured along with multi-per-vc mode, leads to limited transfer rates|
|D-04431||VoIP Performance monitoring table/graphs only show 10 calls.|
|D-04408||In specific occasions, especially when running 7.0.2u1 and 7.0.3 on both partitions, the WebUI shows no bootable partitions and users are not able to downgrade/upgrade.|
|D-02920||Fixed issues where the mgmtd process generates logs and blocks the user from logging into the WebUI.|
|D-01888||Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP) traffic was mistakenly classified as Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP).|
|D-03972||After 7.0.2, RADIUS users configured with monitor permissions cannot log into the management interfaces.|
|D-03493||When firewalls are blocking some accelerated packets, the tcpad process can go up to 100% of CPU utilization|
|D-02941||In some occasions, the ADConnector application crashes automatically.|
|D-04657||When applying scripts to configure an Exinda Appliance via SDP (Session Description Protocol), CLI (Command Line Interface) or WebUI, some commands take too long to be applied.|
|D-04628||Fixed a regression made in 7.0.3 that affects Link State Mirroring feature.|
|D-04582||Fixed an issue that causes the WAN Memory process to crash.|
|D-04480||In certain occasions, Monitor > Interfaces graph presenting wrong high usage spikes|
|D-04727||PBR Change in configuration needs a restart of the Optimizer to take effect, but no indication was given, this has been fixed.|
Fix issue when installing the image into partition currently marked as next-to-boot.
|D-03493||The TCP acceleration process would get into a condition where it could spin and use high amounts of CPU.|
|D-04633||Fixed issue where only inbound real-time traffic reported in PBR configuration when the optimizer is on.|
Global QoS can now be used in PBR environments when using the optimizerÕs single mode (When the link is 1Gbps or less).
|D-04400||Fixed an issue in MySQL database that could cause a memory leak and paging.|
|D-03974||Edge Cache process can trigger a condition that makes it reboot.|
|D-02086||Acceleration is not supported between sites that are separated by a firewall or a router that is performing NAT (network address translation) overload.|
|D-04861||Users are not able to access the WebUI with a username that starts with a zero '0.'|
|B-06114||The inbound QoS (quality of service) for HTTP traffic hitting the Edge Cache engine can only be controlled by the policy set for the web application group or the HTTP application object.|
|D-04963||Users with 'Monitor' only capabilities can start/stop the Optimizer.|
|D-06081||Some CA (Certificate Authorities) certificates are displayed as Expired under Configuration > System > Certificates > CA Certificates. This, however, will not affect the appliance performance.|
|B-06115||APS values are normalized to 1024-bit of packet-size, so applications using very small-size packets like Citrix and RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) are not recommended to be measured using our APS feature, as the values will be much higher than the real ones.|
|D-04981||A policy to ignore all traffic can cause Web Traffic outage|
|D-04111||The Edge Cache does not work for YouTube in Google Chrome. Workaround: Add