AnswerThere are specific instances when the GFI Archiver Outlook Connector's synchronized cache will need to be freshly synchronized with the most up to date information from the GFI Archiver server.
These steps are to be performed on a per-user basis on each personal workstation:
- Close Microsoft Outlook
- Navigate to the GFI Archiver Outlook Connector installation folder, located with the user's local application data path:
- Microsoft Windows Vista or newer: c:\Users\username\AppData\Local\GFI\Archiver
- Microsoft Windows XP: c:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\GFI\Archiver
- Rename the local cache file within this directory from alphanumeric_filename.FDB to alphanumeric_filename.OLD. If multiple FDB files are present, open the StoreSettings.xml file and locate the Store ID attributed with the user whose cache is to be re-synchronized. This will match that of the FDB filename to be renamed.
- Open Microsoft Outlook
- Leave Microsoft Outlook open until the GFI Archiver Outlook Connector store fully synchronizes