- GFI EventsManager 8
- GFI EventsManager 2010
- GFI EventsManager 2011
- GFI EventsManager 2012
- GFI EventsManager 2013
GFI EventsManager contains a tool to export all processing rules from the configuration into HTML reports. This tool is located in the installation directory of GFI EventsManager and called ‘ExportRules.exe’
This tool will create the following folder structure in the home folder of GFI EventsManager:
<Configuration Reports\Reports %current date%\> Example: <Configuration reports\Reports 2009-11-20\>
This folder will contain an HTML document with all computers configured for event collection by GFI EventsManager. When a computer is selected within the HTML file, it will show the processing rules which apply; if a rule is selected it will show the conditions on which the rule is based.
In the same directory, it will create another folder called ‘RuleSets’ where a structure similar to the one in the GFI EventsManager user interface can be found, containing all rules configured in GFI EventsManager together with the details regarding the conditions, actions, etc.
To run this tool, simply run the executable 'ExportRules.exe’ found within the GFI EventsManager folder.
Note: For further information regarding specific Event ID’s please refer to www.eventid.net or Microsoft’s documentation.
GFI EventsManager 2011, build 20110617 and later
Starting with GFI EventsManager 2011 build 20110617 the following procedure can be done to export the rulesets:
- Open the GFI EventsManager Management Console
- Click Configuration > Event Sources
- Under Group Type make sure that Event Sources Groups is listed
- Right-click the event source group for which you want the ruleset and choose Report on settings
- Once the report is finished a pop-up will be displayed with hyperlinks to your rulesets
- These will also be stored in <Configuration Reports\Reports %current date%\> folder under GFI EventsManager installation directory