If it is necessary to move GFI EventsManager to a new server and you wish to retain your configuration settings, proceed as follows:
Note: Before you move the configuration from one installation to the other, it is recommended that you check that you are running the same version and build of GFI EventsManager. This can be done from GFI EventsManager > General > Version Information.
Backup your current GFI EventsManager configuration
- Open the GFI EventsManager configuration on the current server
- Click File and select Import and Export Configurations
- From the Import and Export Configurations Wizard click Export to export the desired configurations to a file and select Next
- Enter a name and destination where you want to save your backup configuration file and click the Next button
- Select the options you wish to export to the new GFI EventsManager Server. If you want to copy the entire configuration click the Select All button, then click the Next button to proceed
- The configuration is now exported
- Stop the GFI EventsManager Service on the current server.
Note: Applies only to EventsManager 2012 and newer versions. If the GFI EventsManager database resides on the same server and wish to move the database to the new server, follow the procedure described in the following article
Import the backup configuration on the new GFI EventsManager Server
- Install GFI EventsManager on the new machine
- Copy the backup configuration file created in the previous procedure onto the new GFI EventsManager server
- Open the GFI EventsManager Configuration on the new machine
- Click File and select Import and Export configurations
- From the Import and Export Configurations Wizard click Import to import the desired configurations from a file and click Next
- Locate the backup configuration file and click Next
Select the options you wish to import on to the new GFI EventsManager Server. If you want to copy the entire configuration click the Select All button, then click the Next button to proceed
- Note: You might encounter a warning message saying that a policy with the same name already exists. You can safely confirm the replacement by clicking the Yes button.
- The GFI EventsManager configuration has now been imported
Note: Once the migration is complete, you will need to update your Syslog and SNMP devices to point to the new GFI EventsManager server.