This article shares the process of changing the number of retries and their delay settings for sending faxes in GFI FaxMaker.
- Go to Start > Programs > GFI FaxMaker.
- Open GFI FaxMaker Configuration.
- Navigate to Lines/Devices, right-click, and select Properties.
- Under the General tab, select the intended sending line (to edit), and click on the Properties.... button.
- Under the Line options tab, edit the Number of retries: variable to the intended retry setting. A retry value of
0allows for no retries or a 1:1 relation between a send attempt and a generated Transmission report. Transmission reports are enabled by default.
Note: If three retries are selected, the fax will be attempted four times.
- Click the OK button.
- Now, click the OK button under the General tab of Lines/Devices Properties.
- Close GFI FaxMaker Configuration and restart the GFI FaxMaker services for the new changes to take effect.
Once changed, send a fax to a number that is known to fail (for example, a cell phone number), and count the retries before the transmission report is delivered.