Announcing GFI LANguard 9 Build 20081118.
Release date: September 2008
- New user interface enabling users to better understand and access product capabilities:
- Scan the network to perform vulnerability assessment and retrieve relevant security information.
- Analyze the results and generate reports.
- Remediate the security issues that were detected.
- New & improved remediation options:
- Uninstall unauthorized software.
- Open remote desktop connections on scanned computers.
- Auto-remediation can be configured at the end of scheduled scans:
- Automatic deployment of missing Microsoft Security updates.
- Automatic uninstall of unauthorized applications.
- Hardware audit retrieval of information about memory, processors, display adapters, storage devices, motherboard, printers, etc.
- Improved reporting executive reports are available now directly from within the application (if the Reports Pack is installed on the same computer).
- Improved user experience with scans in progress:
- Estimation of the time remaining for the scan to complete.
- Centralization of all errors encountered during a scan so that users will instantly see on which machines the scan failed and why.
- Virtual machine detection (VMware and Virtual PC supported).
Where to Download:
Download the latest version of GFI LANguard here.