ExOS 7.4.9 Release Notes
Release Date: November 26, 2018
Download the software update ExOS v7.4.9
MD5 Hash: 49dba566a8fe3fdc7b5794339386955c
Size: 695,357,757 bytes
Summary of Changes
Exinda Network Orchestrator 7.4.9 brings a new version of Edge Cache, support for Exinda Hardware 10064 and 12064 besides various fixes and performance improvements.New
- Traffic Categorization engine upgrade
- Updated Edge Cache (Squid to v3.5.28)
- Support for new Exinda Hardware Models - 10064, 12064
- Performance improvements of the disk cache
- Potential Vulnerability - Cookies do not contain security attribute
- Potential Vulnerability - Sensitive form field has not disabled autocomplete
- Removed Flash in Solution Center - Traffic Analysis - VoIP
- Removed Flash in Monitor Control - Connection graphs
- Policies, Circuits, or Virtual Circuits not allowed to be created with # in the name
- Login timeout set to 60 seconds
- Collectord errors on boot
- Default gateway not showing on CLI
- Subnet monitor should be scrollable with all option
- Print from Realtime page is empty
- Sensitive form field has not disabled autocomplete
- HTTP traffic from Microsoft IIS is classified as Microsoft Services
- SMTP password with = in the password does not work
- Monitor conversations show number instead of Application
- Updated charts library
Supported upgrade versions:
7.0.0, 7.0.1, 7.0.1u1, 7.0.2, 7.0.2u1, 7.0.3, 7.0.3u1 and 7.4.1, 7.4.2, 7.4.3, 7.4.4, 7.4.4u1, 7.4.4u2, 7.4.5, 7.4.6, 7.4.7, 7.4.8.
2061, 3062, 4010, 4061,4062, 6060, 6062, 8060, 8062, 8063, 10060, 10062, 10063, 10064, 12063, 12064, all Virtual Appliances.
NOTE: Some older systems with 4GB of RAM (specifically the 2061, 4010, 4061r1 and 4061r2) may experience memory-related issues upon upgrade. If this issue occurs in your system, please contact TAC about a potential memory upgrade for your unit.
Upgrading from a previous version of 7.x, is a direct update to 7.4.9
Upgrading from a version prior to 6.4.3:
- Upgrade from appliance version to 6.4.3, and reboot.
- Upgrade from 6.4.3 to 6.4.6 or 6.4.7, and reboot.
- Upgrade from 6.4.6/6.4.7 to 7.4.7, and reboot.
Upgrading from a 6.x version after 6.4.3:
- Upgrade from appliance version to 6.4.6 or 6.4.7, and reboot.
- Upgrade from 6.4.6 / 6.4.7 to 7.4.7, and reboot.
The upgrade from 6.4.3 may take longer than normal due to the database upgrade that takes place.
v7.x will only accelerate with peers running 6.4.3 and later due to a change to the Exinda internal protocols. If you are installing v7.x into an x800 estate, the best approach is to upgrade your core box to 6.4.3 and then install v7 on one or more branch offices.
- This allows all the existing appliances to accelerate to the core appliance and allows the v7 appliance(s) to accelerate to the core box running 6.4.3.