PROBLEMFaxes get stuck in the GFI FaxMaker monitor during the document conversion, eventually timing out with error '1701', Document conversion timeout or Coverpage Conversion timeout.
- GFI FaxMaker
- All supported environments
- Log on to the GFI FaxMaker Fax Server with the user account that runs the GFI FaxMaker Fax FaxServer service
- Stop the GFI FaxMaker FaxServer service
- Browse to the GFI FaxMaker root directory
- Double click on fmserver.exe to run the GFI FaxMaker Fax Server Service as a standalone application
- Default Install Path is: 32 bit: <..\Program Files\GFI\FaxMaker>, 64 bit: <..\Program Files (x86)\GFI\FaxMaker>
- Send a fax job that generates the 1701 document conversion error
- Verify whether the GFI FaxMaker Fax Server prompts any errors or dialog window
- If errors are triggered from the standalone application, please rectify this.
- GFI FaxMaker uses the right click, print association to convert attachments. If user prompts are encountered, a timeout will occur, and the 1701 error will be returned to sender
CAUSEThe application that GFI FaxMaker is using to convert a document may have an error during the conversion process