When scanning a non-English Operating System, the LanGuard Dashboard displays the Remote TOD (Time Of Day) value in the wrong format. The month and day values are swapped.
You will notice this behavior if the Reboot Needed icon is displayed in some of the computers listed in the dashboard when have already been rebooted.
To confirm that the issue is affecting your environment, do the following:
- Open the LanGuard console.
- Perform an interactive scan on one computer using Uptimes scanning profile.
- Open the results and write down the Remote TOD information, e.g.,
Time of day 17/12/2012.
- Go to the Dashboard and select the computer you just scanned.
- Navigate to System Information > Other Information > Remote TOD.
- Check if the displayed Time of day matches the information you have noted from the interactive scan.
- Perform the same steps using an agent scan.
If the day and month are swapped, apply the resolution suggested by this article.
LanGuard 2012 SR1 (20121127)
This is a product defect which has been resolved in LanGuard 20121213 patch.
Please download and install the LanGuard 20121213 patch to resolve this issue.