EventsManager cannot collect hardware events.
When collecting hardware events on Windows 2008 machines, the following error message appears under the Operational History:
Error opening event log on machine <hostname>, log Hardware Events.
EventsManager 2012 SR1 (20120214)
The Event Logs.xml.gz file is corrupt.
- Close the EventsManager console.
- Stop both GFI EventsManager services.
- Browse to ...\Program Files\GFI\EventsManager2012\Data\Settings\ESM Settings\Event Logs.xml.gz.
- Rename the file Event Logs.xml.gz to
- Download a blank Event Logs.xml.gz file.
- Replace the Event Logs_OLD.xml.gz file with the new Event Logs.xml.gz that you have just downloaded.
- Start both GFI EventsManager services.
NOTE: If you have custom logs, they will be lost when you replace the old Event Logs.xml.gz file.