The GFI WebMonitor fails to open in the web browser showing the below communication error:
The pipe endpoint 'net.pipe://localhost/webmon/generalsettings' could not be found on your local machine
GFI Webmonitor 11 build 20171116
The general settings XML file (webmon.settings.general.xml) is corrupt.
- Create a backup of the existing file in WebMonitor server in the path C:\Program Files\GFI\WebMonitor\WebUI\Scripts\Settings\.
- Backup the file named webmon.settings.general.xml.
- Navigate to the
services.mscand stop both GFI WebMonitor services under GFI Proxy and GFI WebMonitor core service.
- Download the general settings patch and extract the webmon.settings.general.zip file which includes the file webmon.settings.general.xml.
- Save this webmon.settings.general.xml file.
- Replace the corrupt file in the path C:\Program Files\GFI\WebMonitor\WebUI\Scripts\Settings\ with the webmon.settings.general.xml file that you've extracted from the general settings patch.
- Start both GFI WebMonitor Core and GFI Proxy services under
Once the corrupt webmon.settings.general.xml file is replaced, GFI WebMonitor opens without showing the communication error message.