This article shares information around understanding and using archiving rules in GFI Archiver. The article also provides links to related articles to manage the rules after creation.
- A number of Archiving Rules can be set up to determine what emails are archived.
- Rules are created based on different criteria, and GFI Archiver applies each rule against incoming and outgoing emails that match configured rules.
- If a rule is matched, the email is archived and moved to the configured folder.
- These rules are applied by any user who wants to manage and organize their emails into separate folders.
- GFI Archiver applies rules from top to bottom of the list.
- Rules can be moved up or down in priority using these steps:
- Open GFI Archiver admin interface.
- Go to the Configuration tab
- Click Archiving Rules.
- Arrange the order of rules using the arrow buttons as seen below.
- Emails or calendar items archived through the Archive Assistant get archived irrespective of any rules set in Rules-Based Archiving.
- This feature is disabled if Rule-Based Archiving is not enabled in the Archiving Method wizard. For more information, refer to Configuring Archiving Method.
- Please be careful as enabling this feature may breach company policy or legal compliance related to email retention.