GFI Archiver fails to authenticate users while loading the web interface. The article details the step to resolve the issue.
Authentication failure is a known general issue for GFI Archiver 12.
The root cause of the problem is a conflict between Forms Authentication and HTTP errors module installation in Internet Information Services (IIS®) 7 or later.
Follow the steps below to resolve the authentication failure error:
Remove HTTP errors from GFI Archiver virtual directory:
- From IIS® Manager, select the server.
- Double click Modules icon and select CustomErrorModule.
- Click Unlock from Actions pane to unlock the Custom Errors Module from the server.
Note: For confirmation, reproduce step 2 and verify whether CustomErrorModule is unlocked.
Remove CustomErrorModule from the GFI Archiver virtual directory:
- Select the GFI Archiver virtual directory.
- Select CustomErrorModule.
- Click Remove from Actions pane and Yes to confirm.
Note: For confirmation, reproduce step 1 and verify the removal of CustomErrorModule.