This article describes the process of configuring the frequency with which GFI Archiver is indexing new archived emails into the search indexes. The Indexing Frequency or the Indexing Schedule allows you to select how often you want the search indexes to be updated with data from new archived items.
- Navigate to the Configuration tab and click Archive Stores.
- Select Index Management.
- Configure an indexing schedule using the following options:
Option Description Index archived data every [interval]
- The search index is updated with the latest archived items at a fixed interval: Immediately, 5 minutes, half an hour, 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 hours
- This index schedule is recommended since it strikes the right balance between update frequency and performance hit
- NOTE: Choosing Immediately causes new item content to be indexed in near real-time. This guarantees the most up-to-date search index; users will be able to search for and find the latest archived items. Choosing this option can degrade performance due to the updating frequency - depending on the amount of items archived.
Index archived data every day at [hour, minute]
- The search index is updated daily at the selected time
- This option enables you to schedule indexing during off-peak hours
- NOTE: Search for items archived during the last 24 hours will not be possible due to items that are not yet indexed
- To configure the Language Analyzer, refer to Configuring the Word Breaker.
- To configure the Index File Location credentials, refer to Configuring Index File Location Credentials.
- Click Save.
Note: Archived items can be browsed to immediately when not making use of the search function under the Archive tab, irrespective of settings here.