This tweak can be added into the XCAPI1 Configuration for the controller being used.
Below is a list of possible issues it may address:
- Faxes are failing to send intermittently.
- Inbound faxes from the remote site are being received, but when trying to send an outbound fax, an error is encountered: Invalid Message from the XCAPI Line Monitor.
- The Faxmaker outbound via XCAPI fails.
This article provides the steps on how to add the tweak to the XCAPI configuration.
Note: Ensure to list all the changes being made as these changes may cause configuration instability.
- Open up XCAPI Configuration.
- In the top menu, select View and click Expert F8.
- Expand Controller.
- Expand the controller being used.
- Expand Tweaks.
- Select Common.
- In the left box, type in
- In the right box, type in
1activates the tweak rejecting T.38 re-invite).
- Open the Start menu and begin typing
services.mscthen click on Services.
- Restart the XCAPI services.
This tweak causes XCAPI to send a 488 not acceptable response to a re-invite for T.38 if XCAPI is set for G.711 only.
1XCAPI is a fax device made by TE-Systems.